Omega 3 for Cancer
Benefits of Omega 3 - Heart | Brain | Cancer | Inflammation
The omega-3′s Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexanoic Acid (DHA) from fish and fish oils have been found to be beneficial for prostate, breast and colo-rectal cancer prevention. Omega-3′s EPA and DHA from fish and fish oil have also never been shown to negatively impact health or increase the risk of issues related to cancer.
The omega-3 compound is made up of four main fatty acids: EPA and DHA from fish and fish oils, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) from flax and canola oils, and DPA from whale and seal oils. The clinical evidence overwhelmingly supports the use of EPA and DHA from fish and fish oils for prostate, breast and colo-rectal cancer prevention, shows no specific benefit for the use of DPA related products, and an increased risk in advanced prostate cancer from the ALA form.
Prevention vs. treatment
The benefits of omega-3 EPA and DHA have shown impact on the prevention side. On the treatment side, the role of omega-3 EPA and DHA is still unclear.
However, it is clinically clear that those suffering from any form of cancer are more susceptible to heart disease, weakened immune response and other related inflammatory conditions which omega-3 EPA and DHA do positively impact.
Why use See Yourself Well™ EPA and DHA for cancer prevention health?
By incorporating See Yourself Well EPA and DHA into a treatment program and lifestyle choice, a patient will improve the biomarkers associated with:
- a reduced risk of developing breast cancer by 26% (1)
- a reduced risk of developing prostate cancer by 45% (2)
- a reduced risk of developing colorectal cancer by 30% (3)
Recommended See Yourself Well™ dosages*
In order to capture all of the risk factors indicated above, the patient should consume 1.2 grams of combined See Yourself Well™ EPA and DHA omega-3 per day as follows:
- 2 of the 1,000mg soft gel, or
- 4 of the 500mg soft gel, or
- 1/4 teaspoon of the liquid oil
* Dosage recommendations given are intended to cover all risk reductions listed and are based on 600mg or 60% EPA/DHA concentrate per 1 gram of fish oil.
1. Br J Cancer. 2003 Nov 3;89(9):1686-92.
2. Augustsson et al., Cancer Epid., Biomarkers, and Prev., 12: 64-67, 2003.
3. Norat et al., J. Natl. Cancer Inst., 97:906-16, 2005.
Purity and cleanliness
All See Yourself Well™ products are tested for compliance with the standards set by the Council for Responsible Nutrition and the World Health Organization and receive a 5-Star Rating from the International Fish Oil Standards Program available for viewing at www.ifosprogram.com.