Omega 3 for the Brain Old
Benefits of Omega 3 - Heart | Brain | Cancer | Inflammation
Brain function is critical to leading a lifestyle of health and wellness. The brain controls mood, behaviour, memory and can be prone to debilitating diseases such as alzheimers, dementia, depression, substance abuse, attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyper-activity disorder.
In many cases, these conditions are treated with pharmaceuticals with wide ranging side effects, some of which are still unclear over long term usage. Fortunately, with appropriate supplementation of omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexanoic Acid (DHA) from fish and fish oils, we can reduce the risk on the prevention side and even treat some of the conditions and their symptoms.
Omega-3 and the brain
The omega-3 fats, particularly the building block structural fat of the brain, DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid, have for some decades now been underrepresented in the diet patterns of many developed nations. This has lead to an increased prevalence of many brain related disorders. In addition, clinical studies of EPA, eicosopentaenoic acid, show increases in blood flow to the brain.
These two key essential fats, omega-3 EPA and DHA from fish and fish oils, are therefore critical both for structure function and blood flow to the brain, and may explain why the use of EPA and DHA in human clinical studies has shown to be beneficial.
Why use See Yourself Well™ EPA and DHA for brain function?
By incorporating See Yourself Well EPA and DHA into a treatment program and lifestyle choice, a patient will improve biomarkers and symptoms associated with brain and mood health as follows:
- a decrease in the risk of alzheimer’s
- a decrease in the risk of seizures in epileptics
- an increase of IQ by 13%
- improved behaviour and learning capabilities
- decrease aggression in violent adults up to 33%
- decreased occurrences of post partum depression by up to 51%
- a decrease in bi-polar depression
- decrease of up to 55% in usage days by alcoholics and drug addicts
Recommended See Yourself Well™ dosages*
In order to capture all of the risk factors indicated above, the patient should consume 3 grams of combined See Yourself Well™ EPA and DHA omega-3 per day as follows:
- 5 of the 1,000mg soft gel, or
- 10 of the 500mg soft gel, or
- 1 teaspoon of the liquid oil
* Dosage recommendations given are intended to cover all risk reductions listed and are based on 600mg or 60% EPA/DHA concentrate of 1 gram of fish oil.
Purity and cleanliness
All See Yourself Well™ products are tested for compliance with the standards set by the Council for Responsible Nutrition and the World Health Organization and receive a 5-Star Rating from the International Fish Oil Standards Program available for viewing at www.ifosprogram.com.